By ordering goods and/or services from us you (the customer) are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out what our obligation is to you and what you are agreeing to.
- When we refer to ourselves as “we”, “us”, “our”, and similar terms we mean Computerwise Information Technology Limited
- “customer(s)” and “client” means you the recipient of the services named in the contract.
- “agreement” and “contract” means these terms and conditions and the agreement into which these terms and conditions are incorporated.
- “service(s)” means the agreed service(s) to be provided to you the customer/client by us referred to in the contract/agreement.
- Computerwise IT is a trading name of for Computerwise Information Technology LTD.
About our website
- All prices on this website are in UK Pounds Sterling and include any applicable taxes.
- All prices and information on this website are subject to change without notice, however any price change will not affect quotes already given.
- We will do our best to keep our website up to date with prices and information but please be aware that there will be times throughout the year when prices and details can change and there may be a delay in the website being updated.
- By placing an order through our site, you warrant that;
* you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
* you are at least 18 years old.
Payment(s) and charges
- All fees are required in full once the agreed work has been completed, we accept cash payments and most major credit/debit cards through secure online merchant banking. Sorry we do not accept cheques. Please note that we reserve the right to hold on to your computer(s) and or equipment until full payment has been satisfied.
- You the customer/client must have a valid genuine licensed copy including the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker of a Microsoft Operating System Installed on your computer. If on arrival we discover that you (the customer/client) has an unlicensed copy of a Microsoft Operating System and/or you do not have a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker we will not be able to carry out any repair work, however you will still be charged a fee of £55 for 1 hours labour to cover our attendance.
Our warranties and refunds policy
- Our repairs are covered with a 30 day warranty against failure from recurrence of the same fault that was reported to us before we carried out that service. This means that we will try to rectify the problem again at no extra cost to you or, in the unlikely event that this is not possible, a refund for the service charge only will be given, the refund excludes the cost for hardware components and/or software along with any initial diagnostic fee.
- New Replacement parts are covered with a 12 months manufacturing defects guarantee unless otherwise stated.
- Refunds will not be given if, after repair by us, other faults have occurred or the same fault has reoccurred due to virus infection(s), misuse or, accidental and/or malicious damage.
- The serial numbers of all parts replaced by us must match that of parts recorded in our database that reflects they were installed by us.
- For most repairs a £30.00 deposit is required from you ahead of any work commencing where workshop attention will be required. The £30.00 deposit is non-refundable and will be incorporated into your final bill. Please note however, that a larger deposit may be required from you by us when it is agreed that after the initial diagnostics additional hardware and/or software item/s a required in order for the repair.
- If it is necessary for the Microsoft Operating System to be reinstalled, some application software not included and/or built into the Microsoft Windows operating system will require re-installing by you. Software not included with the Microsoft Windows Operating System including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Sage accounting, and Adobe Photoshop require you to possess genuine valid licensed product keys and in most cases accompanying media disks. Please note that if you do not have possession of the product keys and the original media disks because they have either been misplaced and/or lost by you or, the software was pre-installed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM/OEI) before purchase, then you will need to repurchase the software at your own expense and re-install it.
- Customer data is kept confidential at all times except in the event of criminal activity where we may be legally obliged to report such criminal activity to the relevant authorities concerned.
- Free collection and return service within a 20 mile radius of Basingstoke, Hampshire.
- The terms and conditions on this website apply to home user customers only, they do not apply to business customers/clients or any of our business IT Support Services.
- After a period of 60 days from repair and after you the customer has been notified in writing but have not responded we will not be held responsible for any customer(s) computer(s) and or equipment that has been left at our premises or, that has been abandoned by you or, where we have made attempts to deliver/return the computer(s) and/or equipment but you have failed to respond in this time. After 60 days have passed we will dispose of your abandoned computer(s) and/or equipment. We will not preserve any data which may have been stored on your computer(s)/equipment. We will not be responsible for any data loss as a result of your abandonment of your computer(s)/equipment.
- We cannot be held responsible or liable to you in relation to any service regarding;
* any loss or corruption of data;
* any loses you may suffer arising from failure to use appropriate anti-virus and/or backup software;
* any loss income or revenue; or
* any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
* death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
* fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
* any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Transfer of rights and obligations
- The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- You may not transfer, assign, change or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any rights or obligations under it, without our prior written consent.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each of us acknowledges and agrees that the only remedy available to it for breach of these Terms and conditions shall be for breach of contract under these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions, however, operate to limit or exclude liability for fraud.
Our right to vary these Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products and/or services from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and conditions before your confirmation of payment email is sent to you (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions).
Law and jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of products or services through the website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Third party rights
- A person who is not party to these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
Website Terms and Conditions
(The term our or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website).
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.